Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Open conversations with your daughters.

The thing about daughters is they have alot of changes that take place around 8-Adult. They get breast buds and periods. So much to go over. So many questions for mom to answer. Christina is no exception. She has been wearing a training bra for a week now. She is finding that her breast are tingly and tender. I remember those days. You feel so awkward. I am trying my best to be there for her and let her know that no question is silly and she can always come to me. I may not know everything but I know enough to find the answers. 

Today she wanted to know when you know you are about to have your period. I told her that you get cranky, you get cramps and then you spot. She wondered how I always know I am going to get mine. I told her that it's more complicated for me because I chart my temp and I know my body. Someday if she wants I will teach her how to do that. I was very pleased with her coming to me. She trusts me. Later, we went out and she wanted a few more bras. I bought her a couple more. 

I cannot believe Tina is growing up so fast. I just hope I can be the mother I never had to her. Nice to have a good open relationship with your daughters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment