Thursday, February 24, 2011

I almost let the cat out of the bag...........

Unfortunately due to my co worker being incredibly religious I am not allowed to be myself. Why? Because I know she will hate me. She will make my life misabrl and I will have to listen to a church service  every Wednesday. Well yesterday I almost said something. I bit my tongues so hard that it bled. We were watching tv right? Well the news was on and it was talking about same sex marriages. She lets out a big "Thank you Jesus!" I asked her what was going on. She starts on a tangent about how God hates gays and how she does not care if they think they are born that way. I told her I was a Unitarian Universalist (which is partly true ) and I believe all beliefs are up the same mountain. Of course she knows more than me and kept on and on about the bible. I never heard such hate in my life!!! If religion does not breed hate and ignorance I do now know what does. Anyway, I changed the subject. Because I knew if we kept on this one I was going to make her cry! I almost said that how can God not love everyone? If there is a God why would he make homosexuals then want to punish them? I decided I should say nothing. Just let her hate. One day science will explain almost everything and there will be no use for religion. I cannot wait til that day so I can be myself without worry of being mistreated.

Funny how that all works huh? They are allowed to say what they want because their view point is much more acceptable. If I say anything they will make my life a living hell. I do not believe in gods. I believe in science. I believe religion had it's use once upon a time when things were not able to be explained. It was used to fill in the gaps of why. But today with all the technology and science I see no use for it. I believe in god like I believe in the Easter bunny, Santa clause, and the tooth fairy. The bible is a book of fairy tales in which none of them have not been proven true or even possible. That is what I believe. I do not believe some man in the sky is going to judge your every move and if you do not do what he says you are going to hell. If there is a god I would like to think that he or she would love all their creations and allow all of them to be rewarded after this life. What do I do? I live life to the fullest, take care of my children and be myself. If that is not good enough and if I have to believe in a god who will not show himself to go to heaven. Well I am better off in hell. Plus all the intelligent people will be there. The ones that have questioned life. I would rather be in hell with them, then in heaven with a bunch of people who cannot think for themselves. Who follow some book of hate and contradictions. If god is perfect then the bible would not exist because it has more contradictions in it then anything I have ever read. My motto and what I am going to leave you thinking about today is  
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
— Carl Sagan
There being a god is an extraordinary claim and I have yet to see any evidence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment