Friday, February 25, 2011

I do not think people realize it is alot to think about.

It's not something you take lightly. It's not something you  jump into with both feet before you know what you are doing. It's something you really think about. Having another child is all of that. 

When Randy and I were deciding to have another child we really thought about my health first. I have HG and the reality of it is that I am sick for about 2-3 months non stop. I loose a significant amount of weight and the cost of my treatment is very expensive. We saved up alot of money in order for me to be off work with my sickness. Without that goose egg we would have lost everything. Our house which is the most important thing in our lives. It is the roof over our head. A wise person once said your wealth comes from your house and the property you own. 

Well we made it. I am now six months pregnant and doing great. I can't help but to wonder how people just jump into it. My brother is a great example. Him and his girlfriend are planning another baby. They barely have a place to live, their child is dirty and they barely take care of her. Yet they think they are ready for another. I am very concerned. I mean very concerned. I really hope they take a good look at their lives before they decide to bring another into this world. 

My brother is a very smart man. I love him with all my heart. But the last couple years I have been so disappointed in the way he has been running his life. Not because I think I am better but because I know he is so much more than what he is living up to. He cannot seem to stay off the drugs. He cannot keep a good job. He lives in filth and is basically married to this lazy women who refuses to get a job or do anything to better herself. They are 23 now and nothing has changed. It's the same crap every year. Living place to place. Borrowing money and having my mother bail them out time after time. When does it end? Yet when they heard I was having a boy they decided they wanted one too. I know it is not my business but I think it is a very very very bad idea. 


One thing I cannot wrap my brain around is why nobody has a job. I know jobs are hard to come by in this town. But my brother has had chances at better jobs and has failed drug tests. Chance after chance to better himself has come his way and every time he wastes it. I get so upset when I get on facebook and see how they took their tax money and got tattoos. How they blew their money and now they have two months in the house they currently are renting with no jobs. No money coming in. There have been times where I just want to call children service on them. I know that sounds bad but I am so tired of my niece suffering.Not being cared for like she deserves. Nobody will speak up. I am afraid if I do my brother will never talk to me again. But at the same time someone has too and soon. 


I am not trying to slander my brother I am just trying to write this down so that I can figure out a way I can help him. Someone has to be able to make him see the life he is living is harmful to his child. The women he is with mark my words will never amount to anything. She will never work. She will never do anything but sit on her ass and make him work like a dog. That is no way to live a life. She needs to be going to school or she needs to have a job. Some kind of progress needs to be made. I doubt that will ever happen. She is the most laziest person I have ever came in contact with. Last time I was at their place it was not clutter it was filth. Trash everywhere. Sorry but if you do not have a job you need to have a clean house. Makes me so mad to see my niece living in these conditions. Then I see she is planning to smoke weed with her friends. Are you kidding me? Smoke weed when you are on welfare. When there is not a job in the house? Ugh I get so angry. 


I really hope they think. A child is more laundry, money, space, and more responsibility. I remember his girlfriend used to cry because she had to get up with her child!!! My mother ( who is no saint) got so tired of it when they lived with her that she went off. They ended up moving out and moving in with her parents yet again. I really hope something changes in their future because I do not know how much longer I can just watch. I may have to make a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment