Yesterday I get a call. It was from my Grandmother who has refused to talk to me since she got angry and moved out of my house. No problem. The one time she tried to talk to me was at a funeral and all she wanted to do was tell me that I need to watch my daughter better. Well anyway she calls me, she figures out that it is me and acts like she has the wrong number! Wow! You could not even try to get along with me? I have tried talking to you and all you wanted to do was yell about me about someone calling your phone number for me. I attempted to engage in a conversation. I told her how my girls are doing and how Randy was in an accident. She did not seem to care! I now can say I have tried. She is still being stubborn. She does nothing wrong. She never over steps the line. She never tried to hijack my life! Ugh! I do not get her. She really needs to get in an AA program and get sober! She really needs counseling too. Because something is not working right. Even when you are mad at your family you still are decent to them.
I am so glad I am teaching my children better than all of this. I am so glad they are not around all the drugs and alcohol that consume my family members. All the domestic violence and mental abuse. If me protecting my children from seeing this makes me a bad mom so be it! These people have been told what needs to be done for them to be around my children. If they choose not to do it then that is on them. I do not have a drug problem and I do not have an alcohol problem. In fact I rarely drink. I want BETTER for my children. I want them to see that mothers and fathers do not hit each other. I want them to see you do not have to drink or do drugs to have a good time. I want them to see that their mother and father can argue but love each other at the end of the day. I want a stable home for my children. I want them to know that violence is never ok. That you use your words not your fists. I want them to know that we do not separate and get back together. They can count on us to be together. We love each other. Once again if this makes me a bad person for wanting this for my children then so be it.
All of this also goes for my husband's side. I was not being treated right, therefore we do not go around a selected few. It is never ok to bring up someone's past or family just because you are mad at them! I do not play the throw insult game. It is not allowed in my home! If a selected few do not welcome my whole family then they loose out. My family is a packaged deal!
Yes all of this hurts me but I know that I have my own family now and it matters more than some extended family and all their drama. I cannot and will not take anymore abuse from either side. Life is too short to be unhappy.
No comments:
Post a Comment