Sunday, January 23, 2011

My family day at Cosi!

Last year we wanted to get something fun for the kids to do all year round. We came to the conclusion that Cosi is always changing and it always is open. So we got a year membership there. Since then we have seen the Dolphins and Whales in 3D, and the Mysteries of the Great Lakes on the biggest screen in Ohio. It was worth every penny. So this weekend since we had not been in awhile and we heard the geckos where there we decided to make a day of it. Keep in mind I am almost five months pregnant at this point and there is alot of walking. I have been so tired but I made myself do it for the girls. One thing I love about Cosi is you learn something new every time you go there. It is not like the zoo where you see the same animals each time and you might get lucky and touch one. There are so many hands on science activities that spending a day is usually not enough.   

We went into the adventure exhibit where you look for clues and try to find the treasure. It was dark and was like a cave in there. Avanelle is scared of the dark so that was not for her. We had to leave. Which sucked. But that is life. Next time I plan on taking her to kids space so that she can play while Tina and Randy enjoy the exhibit. 

We then headed to Ocean, and life. In ocean the kids got to play in water, go into a submarine, and do some hands on science project with water.They got wet but had a ball! Life we got to see how big Corbin is. He is about six inches long which we discovered by looking at the model that is about the size of our hand. Then we even got to see other models that showed us month to month what the baby looks like. The kids loved that. As we were walking around in that exhibit we ran into a video showing a C-section. Christina was not able to watch it. I thought it was not age appropriate anyway.We later set her down and explained what she did see. 

We then found ourselves in the space exhibit. The kids love the little optical illusion of you walking through space. It is so much fun. Then we looked at the inside of a real space ship and seen the food they eat in space. We also got to see the toilet found on a space ship. We had to explain why you have to be strapped in. We walking around the other parts and then went to see the Gecko. 

We went and seen the Geckos and Progress. The gecko exhibit is self explanatory I am not going to really talk much about it. We seen geckos from all over the world and even one that disguised it's self as a dead leaf. We seen large ones and small ones. The kids loved it. Progress we seen a town progress through time. We seen old cars and old shops. So much fun. 


Before we knew it time was up. Time to go see the movie on the big screen. We seen a movie about the animals and history of the great lakes. The screen is so big that it made you feel like you were there. It talked about eagle and sergeants. The girls loved seeing them up close. Ava said this was her favorite part of the trip. I cried when the sergeants returned because it was because the people were trying to bring them back after almost being extinct. It was so powerful to see people take an active role in their environment. I hope my children learned something from it. I know I did. 


After the movie, we left. We went to Big Boy for dinner. By this time I am starving. I had fish, chips and two sides. One side was baked apples and the other was a huge salad. I ate it up. I was so hungry. Randy had some wraps and the girls had chicken strips and fries. It was nice to sit down together for a meal outside the house. We talked about our favorite parts of Cosi and about the up coming exhibits we want to see. Dinosaurs are coming in March and so is a new movie. We started planning another trip. We always seem to do this after we leave the place. We love Cosi! I plan on renewing our membership early with income tax money because my kids love it and they have a whole area for babies that I cannot wait to take Corbin to.





No comments:

Post a Comment