Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Things are going to change soon. Randy's career goals. and my future.

My husband has always been well liked and a hard worker. He has been working since he was 15. He has held a job a whirlpool for eight years now. He is two grade five workers back ups. He is very well respected at his job and everyone seems to like him. He can get overtime whenever he wants it and has in the past. People there just think he has what it takes to do practically any job there. He can. 

Recently, he has been thinking about taking it to another level. He is going to sign up for the apprenticeship program. Where not only will he get to go to college but he will be learning a trade at Whirlpool and he will be making alot more money. The con of all of this is time. Randy will be home less and maybe working an off shift. I am fine with that. I can take care of all three kids by myself. Hell I have taken care of 8 toddlers at a time when I worked at the daycare. I am capable. I am not one of those moms that cannot handle the children on my own. I have a car and I have a great routine with my children the nights I am not working. 

Speaking of me I plan on continuing to work. I am hoping to go to a state college online at some point. Once Randy becomes an engineer and we have our ducks in a row. I do not want to do too much at once. I am more than okay with how my life is now at my job. I work part-time helping people then I come home and take care of my house and kids. Nothing wrong with that.

Randy's mother is being awesome about all the changes coming. She said she is there no matter what the time is.I really hope he gets in. I don't see why he wouldn't. He is very well respected at work. He has great attendance. He never calls off and last I checked has not been written up for anything in a very long time. I know about two years ago he woke up late and got written up but has not had the problem since. I am so lucky to have a man that supports our family and is always trying to help our financial status Men working is rare in the area I live in. I know a women I work with that cannot get her husband to work for nothing. She has to work two jobs just to make ends meet. I feel bad for her. Nothing worse than a needy man. What I think is even worse is a needy women. I know plenty of those. They don't work and depend on their husband for everything. I am more than capable to work and to take the kids where they need to go while he works hard for our family. He never has to worry. I think that is why he does so well at work. He knows I am at home taking care of the house and making sure his kids have what they need.

I am very anxious about all the changes starting and seeing my husband happy. He has been happy but not at his job. He has felt like he has been cutting himself short.  Time for that to end and for him to start the next five years toward his great future. He is going to be an awesome engineer. Randy works hard at everything he does. His family and his career. I am so proud of him. I support him every inch of the way. Can't wait for this to get started!

Update!
Randy may not get into the program til next year. Oh well might be another year but he can still change his major and go to class. This may not be the final answer there are rumors that they are taking more people. He just has to find the right person to talk to.  



No comments:

Post a Comment