Yesterday was a crazy day! I woke up tired as usual. I took Christina to school. I got home and I barely sat down when my sister called. She needs me to pick her up. Then my boss called. I need to fill out an incident report. Ugh! I was hoping to rest two days before I start my 12 hour shifts this weekend. Well I decided to buy lunch for my sister and me. We eat together talking about having our babies and I got to see all her new baby stuff. I am getting excited!! Anyway I get a text from my boss that she would like me to work Friday. I am normally off. So I agreed and got my friend Char at work to come in for me at 3 because I have to pick up Tina early. She has prime time today. So I go in at 4 get off at 11 pm then wake up and go back in at 9. I am going to be exhausted! Then Sunday I go in from 9 to 9. I guess I have to push myself we need the money.
Why do people call off work? I mean I do not get why you would not want to work. I am so tired already of the other second shift staff member calling off. Tuesday she calls off because she now lives in Columbus and it is too snowy! I was asleep when I got her text. Everyone has to drive in snow in winter it is a part of life! Then she calls off Friday for who the hell knows what reason. I have a feeling she is going to end up fired before long. This is becoming an every week thing and an every day I am off thing. This is the first and last time I am covering for her. She needs to get her shit together! I noticed most 21 year olds have no work ethic. Oh well I guess that will be her problem.
After this month I have to start saving for maternity leave. I am hoping to take 6 weeks off to get breastfeeding started and to stock up on milk while I work. Randy and I still have not got a plan for saving yet. I have some ideas but I have to get a chance to talk to him about it. To talk to him I would have to be able to stay awake which we know is not going to happen. So I guess I will just do what I need to do and fill him in. If he has a better idea we will go from there. But the thing is we will be ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment