I don't like to brag but since this is my blog I will. My daughters are smart. Very smart.
Tina is excelling in third grade. Doing so well. She reminds me so much of myself as a child. She loves to read and does it so well. She reads her goosebumps books in one day. Just as I did as a child. She teaches me things sometimes. The stuff that girl comes up with is just mind blowing. She is going to be the one to watch.
Avanelle is just picking up everything. She plays hang man with her sister. They read together and she is just about as ready for Kindergarten as any child can be. She is only three!!! Matter of fact she just turned three in December. She is coloring in lines already neatly. She knows all her letters. I almost have her counting to 100. I think she almost gets the concept of how the numbers sill go 1,2, 3 but in the 30s or in the 40s. Once you get that it is usually easy from there. I am so proud of her. I am hoping maybe they might just let her go to Kindergarten early. I mean she is ready. Her birthday is late in the year though so I do not know. I know one thing she will not be able to go to preschool. From what I hear you have to be below average to go to Marion City School preschool. I am not sure though. I am still going to check into it when the time comes. If not well it's not a big deal. Tina never went to preschool and she is doing great in school.
In April and May. Tina is going to be taking the third grade achievement test. She has expressed being nervous about this test. I told her she will do fine. Maybe she should practice what she is worried about to ease her mind. I have went on the Ohio website and looked at some sample questions. I hope that helps ease her little mind. Sad that a child has to worry about a test. I never did agree with standardized tests.
No comments:
Post a Comment