Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Kisten had her baby!

Yesterday my sister had her baby. Raelyn Faye was born at 2:44 March 7th. She was 6 lbs and 8 oz. What a beautiful little girl. Kisten is having trouble breastfeeding. I hope she does not give up. It is hard to do and not for someone who is not determined to do it. I tried to help her today but I am not sure if she is going to stick with it or not. I hope she does. Ava has never had an ear infection or any major illness because I breastfed. She is a very healthy child. That has not been the case with Tina. I wish I would have tried harder with Tina. I think she needs to keep at it. It gets easier. I believe anyone can breastfed it's determination and practice that makes is possible. I guess I was too damn stubborn to give up. That's me though and breastfeeding is not for everybody. It's not for the people that easily give up or want an easy way out. Once you get the hang of it, it is easier than bottle feeding. It just takes time and patience. The baby does not come out knowing what to do. You have to teach it. Just like you are learning to breastfeed. I cannot wait to do it again. Yeah it's hard at first but so rewarding. You have a bond with your child that you cannot get with bottle feeding. I hope she gets to experience it. If I can do it I know she can. She needs to get stubborn and just do it. But if she decides it's not for her I will support that too. She just needs to be honest and tell me that. Because until she does she has me helping her. Finding ways to help her.

Deep inside I have to tell you, I do not think she will stick with it. She is already giving bottles. She just does not have the determination that it takes. Maybe I am wrong but I am pretty good at telling when a person will do it and not. I hope I am wrong. She really seemed to want to do it til she seen how hard it is to do it. So I guess we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment