Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Our Caterpillars are now in their chrysalises!!
Today it happened! The caterpillars are now in their chrysalises! I unfortunately dropped one. I am pretty upset about it. I hope it still lives to be a butterfly. Christina was the one who discovered the chrysalises. She was so excited. I was too and we got busy making our own chrysalises out of toilet paper rolls. We took tissue paper and covered them. Then we are going to make butterflies to go inside of them. We are so excited to get to see how nature works. I hope we can do this one more time this year I am having way too much fun. We delayed our trip to see the butterflies til the weather is warmer. We want to see them release some. The same thing we will hopefully be doing in 7 to ten days.I am hoping the weather is nice. But if not I will feed them sugar water until I can release them or til they die. Butterflies have a very short life. They only live for 2 to 4 weeks. I will have to buy some flowers and put sugar water on them to keep them alive. Might be alot of work. Oh well it is worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment