Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Minority in everything?

Nothing wrong with being a minority. I actually find that most of the things I am a minority in are issues that I just so happen to be educated about. I am not the type of person who just "follows the herd". I do not mind going against the grain. It makes me, well me! I would not have it any other way. 

There are many parenting issues for which I am a minority in. I am an anti spanker. Nope I do no spank my kids. I use non violent ways of teaching them what needs taught. For me it works out great. I get looks and comments all the time. But I am happy the way I parent and I am glad I have done my research and I know what is best. I am also anti circumcision. My son is going to be intact. Why? Well I have done my research and there is not one good reason to do it. There is no medical evidences that it has any medical benefits. My son does not need "fixed" down there. He was born perfect. Nothing in the world needs changed about him. Especially not his penis. I think people that do it for the reason "because my husband is" are really ignorant people. More than likely your husband is circumcised for the same reason. Just because his parents made that decision does not make it the right one. Certainly, your parents are human and just continued to follow the rest of the "herd' instead of speaking for themselves. Lastly, I am all about my children picking their own path in life. I am not going to send my children to any religious services. I think they need to decide how they feel about how they came on this earth. I have no intentions of them following my faith or lack of. I want them to think about it and look deep in their hearts for the answer. I want them to be smarter than I believe blank because Mommy does. My path is not for everyone. Parenting is definitely a minority topic for me. I hardly ever agree with people. This makes it hard for me to make friends. But I am going to be me. That is the only person I know how to be.

I am also a minority in politics. I am a liberal democrat living in a conservative city. Nobody agrees with me besides my husband on issues. I believe in freedom. Freedom to choose. Freedom to be married if you are homosexual. Also freedom from religion. Government should not be involved in religion. They should be separate. Why? Well because not everyone in this country believes the same way. How is is fair to tell or say everyone in this country are Christians? When in fact there are so many other beliefs? It's not. It should not happen. I think faith is something that belongs in the home in private. Not in our schools and not out in public. Religion is a personal decision between your family and "your god" ( assuming your religion includes one). So yes once again a minority opinion. But an educated one.


So yes I am a minority through and through. There probably is not a topic out there where I agree with the masses. I find most people are ignorant. Most people have no idea what they hell they are talking about. They just spread around what they have heard. Never taking the time to investigate or read on a topic. I refuse to be that way. I must research a topic before having an opinion. I do not take a majority opinion without thinking. My decisions are never based on he or she did it so that means it's right for me. My decisions and opinions are based on research and careful thinking. So I will take the title minority if it means I will be educated. I would rather be educated then to talk about something I know nothing about. That would make me ignorant and that is one thing I wish to never be. I refuse to be a sheep. Sheep are dumb creatures. I refuse to be dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment