Life takes over at times. Your marriage romance and intimacy slows down. This has been happening to Randy and I. I was sick for over three months with my pregnancy. I was constantly getting sick or having to poke myself with a needle in my belly to give myself zofran. Our love life suffered alot during this time. But there are other ways that we showed each other that we love each other. Randy would care for the house when I couldn't. He would bring me and buy me whatever I thought I may be able to keep down. He was just an amazing husband. Now I am going through the aches and pains of being almost in my third trimester. He is being understanding. We cuddle and bond with our baby together. We are finding that we are stronger than ever! We may be having our third child but we love each other more now then I think ever before. Nothing has ever separated us. Even when things get tough, we hold on. Funny how intimacy just gets better and more intense with time. I think the more we go through together the more connected we feel to each other. I still miss him and still smile when I think of him. I have never been this happy with anyone I have ever been with. He takes me to places emotionally that I have never been.
So when I get discourged or feel slightly disconnected, I know that all I have to do is take some time and all those feelings go away. After all, we are busy people. We cannot spend every waking moment together. We both work and have two kids. I am 6 months pregnant with our third child. That is a job in it's self. I am very very lucky to have a husband that I connect with on every level. We have the same beliefs, values, goals, and we are best friends. Sometimes I feel as though the world has gone crazy. I just look in my arms and see there is one person who feels the same exact way as me. He is the only person I know understands me. He is the only person I know that sees life the way I do.
So when I feel misunderstood or just down right angry with how stupid people are. I have my husband right next to me feeling the same way. I am very very lucky to have him. He is my spud. My best friend. Our marriage is untouchable. Nobody is able to cause problems with us or make us argue because was are on the same page at all times. Funny how people have tried and failed. We never argue. Because we know what is important. Our family comes first. Our life together comes first. If we keep that in our heart, there is nothing to argue about. Nothing is more important than our family. Nothing is worth fighting for or over if it is at the expense of our life together. I think that is the way you have to look at things to make things work. With divorce rate higher than ever, you have to decide what is important. Being right is not important. I will be wrong every day if it means I will have Randy by my side. Nothing is worth loosing him over. I would rather die then to even hurt his feelings. That is what true love is. That is the mind set to make things work. I know my marriage has many many more years of joy, happiness, sadness and rough roads. We can get through anything together! Bring it on!

No comments:
Post a Comment