Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Catapillars and Butterfly project
Last week we received our caterpillars. We started watching them. We discovered not only were they very shy and hardly moved but they were shedding their skin already. Today when we looked at them we noticed that they are growing at a very good rate. Ava and I started doing caterpillar art projects and learning about the life cycle. She is really having a great time learning about those little creatures. Christina has already done something similar in school so I am not concentrating on her doing as many projects. She can do some if she wants but with her going to school I do not see her having much time. I have many more activities up my sleeve before we totally finish. I hope to make a book with Ava on the life cycle. I hope to make some different types of butterflies and talk about what they eat. I also hope to make a cocoon with her. I think this is the perfect project to start out our spring. At the end of our project or maybe before then I want to take the girls to Franklin Conservatory to see the butterflies. I am hoping to do that this weekend. But you know things don't always go as planned. So we will see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment