Thursday, April 1, 2010

Working very hard to find a way...


I have been doing lots of research lately and trying to gear up for what is going to be probably the one of the greatest fights of my life. As most people know I have severe morning sickness hyperemesis gravidarum. I had my first case when I was 16. I was on ivs at home and in and out of the hospital constantly. With my second child my insurance would not pay for ivs at home unless I got a picc line. My doctor convinced me that it would be too invasive for what I have. I really regret that decision. So here I am now, I am getting ready. I have been researching medication and I am very hopeful. I am changing doctors and making a new start. I found a new doctor and I hope he is able to help me or at least point me in the right direction. I think I am ready for this. I am ready to try something different like maybe a new drug that claims to stop nausea during pregnancy. I hope he is ready for me.

List of things I need to do:
1. loose weight. I think this is a must. My doctor recommends that I get down to a healthy weight. Well according to his website. I am actively working on that. I do not want high blood pressure or diabetes while pregnant

2.Talking to the doctor three months before I am thinking about getting pregnant to see if he can refer me or if he can handle my case.

3. Research on new ways to treat my condition. Pricing medications and deciding what I would like to use. Of course the doctor has the final say but I hope he takes what I know into consideration.

4. Charting my temperature so we can conceive right away.

5. Taking prenatal vitamins during the time I am getting ready.

5. Maintaining a healthy diet and making sure I am exercising everyday.

6. Enjoy the planning process this is the first time I am having a planned baby

7. Enjoy my two kids before there is s third

8. Deal with my vaginal infections with the doctor( should be one on the list)

9. Save money

10. Remember that you only live once and that you love children. If you wait too long you will never be ready. Nobody is 100% prepared.

11. Just take a risk and do it!!!! Start the completion process of your family.


So that is my list of things to do in the next 9 months. They are not necessarily in order. We can do this and we should do this. Who cares about insurance I don't. I am ready to be a Mommy again. I want to look at my family picture someday and think " we are complete". Everyone has bills and everyone figures it out. We will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment