Thursday, April 15, 2010

Weekend




Saturday Randy is working. He is actually going in really early.Tina has uniform pick up and pictures. After that I think I am going to go home and eat lunch. We will probably have a lazy night unless we need to go grocery shopping.

Sunday we are very conflicted. Randy wants to go to his Great Grandmas birthday but at the same time he hardly knows anyone there and there have been some little issues in the past regarding Tina. She was no included in a five generation picture because Randy's grandma did not want her in it. Pretty crappy if you ask me. I am glad some people feel the way Randy feels. I think that is all that matters and people should respect how he feels. If he loves her like she is his own everyone else should too. In my house I do not believe in the word step. Randy and I do not feel she is a step daughter. Family is what you make of it. If Randy wants her to be his daughter than she is.

My father in law is a great example of how a person should treat a child. He is not Randy's bio dad but he is Randy's father. He loves him like his own. He even adopted him. I respect that man more than he will ever know. He taught Randy well.

My mother in law and father in law have embraced Tina. I mean they love her and treat her just like they do Ava. For that I am grateful. Other people have shown they do not feel that way about her. That is fine and that is their opinion but they need to keep it away from me and my family. Randy's sisters are the same. They love Tina and treat her just like they do Ava. It's the extended family that is the problem. Most people do not see it. But I do. I am very observant and it may not have been said but it has been shown. I am a firm believer in actions speak louder than words. Displaying that picture without my daughter in it shows how you feel. You do not see her as a part of the family. That is wrong and will not be tolerated. I cannot and will not allow my daughter to be treated that way.

So I am not sure if we will go or not. If we don't go then I want to go hiking or to the batting cages. We will play it by ear. So conflicted. It's hard when things with family are unpredictable.

Pictures: Pictures from the first time I met Randy's great grandma. Also a funny picture of my favorite father in law. I love that men he is a riot. Makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment