Thursday, March 25, 2010

Making our money stretch!

Randy and I are a hard working middle class couple. We both together probably make 46,000 a year. Well every time about this time of year we play catch up with our electric and gas. For some reason every year it is higher the month of February. I think it is because of it being so cold. This year was no exception. So here we are playing catch up. I refuse I mean I outright refuse to get on the budget or do any of those government programs. In the long run you pay more.So I made us a nice tight budget. We are going to pay both of them off in two payments. Last week was the first and next week will be the last and we will be all caught up.

We did a bunch of Save-Alot shopping and we watched every penny we spent. No extras. Just the food we need. Hopefully next month we can get Randy's motorcycle up and running so he can take that to work. Gas is about to go up. I mean high. So we are going to make an investment there. Plus I love riding on his motorcycle. So it's a win win.

Hopefully the child support thing gets straightened out. I have not got a payment since Feb. I have not been able to pay my car payment this month. I called Jeff and he is suppose to fix the problem. Hopefully that happens soon. I only owe 11 months on my car. It's going to be so nice to have that extra money to work on Randy's car getting paid off. He has 19 months.

Next year I hope to have enough money saved. Which so far it has been next to impossible to save. Especially with the whole child support thing messed up. Next month is the month. We are going to save. Save like crazy. We need to do some maintenance on our cars and fix a couple of things around here. I love owning my own house. I really do but the repairs can be costly but it is ours. Every month we are closer to making it ours permanently.

Well times are tough but I never let it get me down. Like Dawkins said "Nice guys finish first". We will finish it might be in about six years but we will be completely settled and financially secure. We will only ever live in three houses, the one we rented for six months, this one and our dream house. I am so glad my girls are stable. They have a place to call their own. I am very happy.

One thing I never really understood is why people fight over money. I mean you do what is best for your family then the rest is compromise. You come up with your plan together then you do it. I have never once even had an argument with Randy over money. There is no need to. We know what needs to be done. We know what we can do. We know what is within our reach and not.

Another thing I have never got and no offense to people that have this problem. I really truly do not understand why video games take over some men's brains? I mean why in the hell are they so important? My husband does not play nor does he have the time or desire to. My ex did all the time. I never understood why his video games came before our family. I had a friend in New York that had a husband that did nothing but play the video game from the moment he got home. Not to mention they did not have the money to blow on new games but her husband would do that anyway. They would then borrow money off me to pay their bills. How do people have time for it? Randy works full time, goes to school, helps takes care of the kids and cleans with me. We barely have time to watch a movie together. Anyway never did understand that.

Ok back to my blog. I always get off topic. So we are super tight this month. I have a feeling we are going to turn things around in the month of April and May. Excited to do that. Well I am off to be with my girls. We are going to sing " Rain Rain Go Away"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment