So I went to the doctor yesterday, he prescribed me a pill to help with my severe acid reflex. Well Randy's insurance would not cover a penny of it. So I guess I will have to take over the counter medication. There is no way I am going to spend over 100 dollars a month on a medication and take away from my kids. No way! We pay over 310 dollars a month in insurance already there is no way I am going to pay more than that. That is what I have in my budget. I was pretty pissed. Our deductible is 4,000 dollars. We have to pay that out of pocket before the insurance will pay anything so that means we pay over 6,ooo a year just for medical coverage. That is crazy! So the sad thing is Randy and I will just have to go without our medication. Yeah that's right Randy has been going without his for over 4 years. We cannot afford 500 every three months. We do not have that type of money. Our kids comes first.
I think EVERYONE should be able to afford top notch health-care. I do not think a person should have to choose between putting food on the table or the medication they need. The prices of things are outrageous!! I mean 169.00 for 30 pills? That is flippin insane!! Something needs to be done. The prices need to be lowered. We are being eaten alive with greed and for what? So these big companies can become multi million dollar companies and the rest of us can suffer because we cannot even afford our medication? What happened to our pursuit of happiness? This country is forgetting that. Everyone is too wrapped up in making a buck off the common man that works his ass off to support his family. I am so sick of this. I am so sick of having to jump through hoops for the insurance company.
You know they told me that if I had a concern that I would have to have a follow up appointment because the insurance would deny the claim because it was just suppose to be a wellness appointment. Screw that I have been in Pain for a week and I am going to say what the hell I want to say at my doctors appointment. I would have to wait another week to ask the doctor something that he wanted to know. Am I suppose to lie when he asks me if I been having any problems? No wait doctor we have to have a follow up because medical mutual will not pay you for your time. Fuck that!!! So if I get a bill I am sending it to the insurance company. I got all the wellness exam part done I want credit for it. He happened to find my acid reflex problem during the exam. Oh wait he has to wait to find that. I should be able to go to the doctor when I want and have it paid for. I give them money to pay for it every month. I hardly ever go to the doctor I am in great health so there is no reason for me to have to pay a 4,000 deductible.
I mean I would understand if you are a person that chooses to smoke be over weight or just plain out does not care about being healthy. Hell yeah you people are why the insurance is so damn high. I think everyone should try to be as healthy as they can so the insurance does not have to pay for services. I understand that. My acid reflex is not my fault. My stomach makes too much acid. Not caused by anything that I did. Spicy foods does not cause acid reflex. I exercise, eat right and try my damn hardest to be as healthy as I can.
All I ask is the one time I actually have to go to the doctor that the visit is peaceful and not stressful. I only go once a year.
My kids are very healthy and I am not the crazy mother that goes for a runny nose lol. I only go when I know there is something wrong. The flu unless the child is dehydrated then I do not rush to er like a fool because I am educated enough to know that there is nothing they can do for it. It has to take it's course. I know that colds and flu there is no cure for it just something to treat the symptoms. I am certified in first aid so I know when a bone is broken or when my child will need stitches. So I am not costing my insurance that much. I also take advantage of over the counter medications when necessary. I know my basic rashes and I know when to go and when not to. I know ER is expensive and it is better to go to urgent care. So what the hell I am not costing these people hardly anything. Unless I am pregnant. Which it is medically impossible for me to be because you have to have unprotected sex for that. So what the hell???????
Well I am done for my rant for the day I am just so burned up by this. I cannot believe how stupid insurance has gotten. This new insurance is the worst I have ever seen.
No comments:
Post a Comment