Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Finally an update

Ok finally I can tell everyone how Ava got here. She is asleep and I am not too tired. I was suppose to be induced on Wednesday but Tuesday I woke up very campy and by the end of the day my contractions were 6 minutes apart. I called my doctor he sent me to the hospital. I got there about 6:30. I was hooked up to a monitor and I found out that I was 80 percent defaced and that I was going to have the baby on Wednesday no matter what. The pain was not bad at first, so I walked around the hospital to help the contractions. By 9 I was begging for some pain meds. I had to wait til I was 4 cm. The pains would not have been so bad if they would not have been in my legs too. Finally about 11 or so I got the epidural. Randy was freaked out because I moved while they were giving it to me. After the pain meds things went fast. So fast that I started throwing up and passing out. I passed out two times it was pretty scarey. Then at the end the baby was not completly dropped so I had to sit up in the bed and try different positions to help her move. Finally she did. I was 9 cm forever it felt like. I started to push without the doctor. The nurse got her crowned and I had to wait on him to get there. I really was upset because I wanted to push I mean I really felt the urge. Finally he got there and I had two contrations and 4 pushes and she was out. I remember seeing her covered in while vernix. She was crying and all the while Randy looks like he may pass out. He cut the cord and helped get her cleaned up. I was not allowed to get up because my feet could not hold me. She reminds me so much of Tina they look so much alike. I guess both of my girls look like me.

I decided to breastfeed. It is so tough the first few days. You dont have any milk and its a waiting game. I felt terrible that I could not feed Ava right so I did some supplementing til it came in. Well Friday it finally did. Yeah it came alright. I was so engorged I could barely move. Ava loved it though. She started feeding alot better and even though that its painful I love doing it. I know that my child is getting the very best.

Yesterday I got their pictures done with Santa I hope to get them up when I have the time. I also took some cute pictures in front of the Christmas tree. I love having two children and I hope I can balance things out so I give both the attention they need. Its just tough right now, I am just learning the breastfeeding thing so it takes awhile to feed her. I am going to get a pump so that randy can feed her to. Well I guess I better go. I have other things to do while Ava is sleeping. I will keep everyone updated on how my girls are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment