Why have a child if it is so inconvenience to do what is best for them? I am so sick and tired of hearing about sleep training, and expecting an infant to sleep all night at the age of three months. (recently seen a segment on Live with Kelly that urked me) Why have a child if you do not want the responsibility of waking up with them and being a parent?
Babies do not need schedules til they are past a year. You should feed your child on demand to keep them hydrated and happy. Not all babies sleep all night early on. Studies have shown that having a child "cry it out" is harmful to the brain (before one mind you). Babies cry for a reason. You feel bad for a reason. We are designed to meet our babies needs.
I do not care what grandma said, you cannot spoil a child by caring for them. Hold your child, love your child! Your child is not an inconvenience but a part of your family.
Another thing that urks me, is the whole my baby is trying to manipulate me. Are you serious? Babies do not have the brain capacity to manipulate you til they are past a year.
Another one of my pet peeves, is the whole breastfeeding debate. Why have a child if you are not willing to learn about feeding them the very best? I understand there are circumstances that make it so women cannot breastfeed but in this society we make it too easy to give up. If you stay at home anyway while hubby works the least you can do is breastfeed. Especially if you are having tax payers pay for your formula through wic. No wonder our economy is suffering. We could save millions a year on just educating women on breastfeeding. ( no offense to those that use formula or wic, just they need to make cuts and formula would be the best one)
Wic is cutting their peer consulting funding when in reality I think they should cut their formula funding. I think insurance should be responsible for formula if there is a medical need. Wic should be a health program from low income and under educated people.
Wic gives brand name formula when they could save millions on giving either no formula or off brand formula. I wish they would investigate this and make changes.
Anyway off my soap box.......
Education is power and we owe it to our children to educate yourselves on how to be a good parent. I will never stop reading and educating myself. My goal is to succeed where my parents failed. I am not perfect, but I try to be the best I can be everyday. Somedays I loose it. I am human. I never treat my kids like an inconvenience. In reality I am going to miss them someday when they are all grown up. I cherish everyday.
What is everything? This is...............
No comments:
Post a Comment