All those crazy breastfeeding positions I find myself in through out the day. Sometimes he stands, sometimes he is upside down, sometimes he is sitting straight up. I love it. I love feeding my little man past a year.
I know there is a backlash to breastfeeding a toddler. People are going to tell me stories about how their dad was breastfed til he was 20 and how clingy it can make a baby. Blah Blah Blah. In one ear and out the other! I will feed him til him and I are ready to give it up. He will not be twenty but I have no deadline or expiration date for our relationship. Why would I do that to him? It does not hurt it. It has nothing but benefits. I am sorry some people may have a problem with it. Sorry it's their problem not mine. I am glad we have made it this far and I hope we continue for awhile longer.
With all of that said I have some things urking me at the moment.
Here I go again on my soap box,
I do not get this why do people feel the need to complain every time a breastfeeding article or study comes out . Breast is Best, it's a fact. Nobody is ever trying to say your kids is stupid or sickly because you did not breastfeed. They are showing the risks involved in not breastfeeding. I am sorry for those that feel so bad that they must have a pity party every time something new comes out. I think you may want to get an appointment with a health professional if you feel the need to justify your actions every time you see something.
I know my daughter does not have normal health or a normal iq because of my decisions. Without breastfeeding her she did not get the fats that are required for normal brain development (these fats cannot be found in formula). But I did nurture her and that is another factor in child brain development. Her brain development could be better and I know that and I admit it. I made a mistake and I corrected it. I do not justify it.
If your child turned out fine. Great! But your child could have turned out better. Health wise and beyond. If you cannot be women enough to say I did this and it was not the "best" I could give my child, then you really have some growing up to do. Everyone makes mistakes. We admit them and we learn from them.

No comments:
Post a Comment