What happened to wanting to do things yourself and not accepting charity if you did not have to? What has happened to working hard and getting what you worked for? It seems like people in this town have gotten so far from that. I have such a hard time making friends with people around here because there is so much abuse of the welfare system. People are getting things and they have to be lieing about their income or situation.
I remember being on assistance. I was living off of 400.00 a month in cash and 300.00 in food stamps. I hated every minute of it. But I was going to high school, married and living in my own apartment. As soon as I graduated I started working at Tri-Rivers. I could not wait to start making money and doing my part to support myself. My husband at the time was doing close to nothing. He was in the national guard but got paid 70.00. a month. Which was not cutting it. He joined the active duty because I was so sick of being the only income. Even though we were trying to get ourselves out of our situation Welfare cut us off. Even after he was no longer active duty. I was going to school full time and had a part-time job. They wanted me to work for the cash I was eligible for. I asked them when would I have the time to do it? I was barely home . now. Jeff then went permanent active duty. We had no choice. The money and the help was running out. We made some tough decisions that ultimatley helped with the destruction of our marriage (among other things).
Anyway back to my complaining. I feel that people should be forced to try harder to be independent. I think both parents should be forced to work in order to receive assistance. I think there should be a level of trying to get off of it. Especially when there is someone in the home not trying and not working when they can. There is daycare assistance too. Then when you are on your feet you should be off of it. I think if there was an amount of time you could be on assistance people would try harder to stay off. I am not talking about people with disabilities here or the elderly. I am talking about people that are young and are perfectly capable of working. People that choose to be on assistance because they refuse to do their part for their family. This causes the harder working people to pay for them. Yes I am paying for you if you are on assistance. A percentage of my income is deducted for your lazy ass to remain on welfare. If you are not trying you should feel ashamed! It is not my job to provide for your family. It is yours!
What amazes me it people that have health care but yet use medicaid. If you have health care available to you then you should not be receiving medicaid. Not even for a secondary insurance. Randy and I struggle but yet we have to do it on our own. Plus we have pride. We want to do it ourselves!!!!!!! We do not want help. If it needs done then maybe I need to pick up some more hours or he does. No one seems to feel that way anymore. It is all about getting things for free or having someone else pay for it. It is wrong! Medicaid is there for the poor not for someone who is making 35,000 a year and has health insurance at their job! Bullshit! It's not there for you!
I am so glad Randy and I have pride. We do not accept charity. We do not borrow money. We make it on our own. Our parents do not bail us out. The government does not bail us out. We are responsible for our family. Not the government. More people need this attitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment