Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Grinch Alert , My take on it.


What is more Christian then hurting businesses and trying to dominate the holiday season. I mean Christians are the only ones that have holidays this time of year. Nobody else matters. Besides everyone in this nation is Christian and thinks exactly the same as them. Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are other holidays this time of year. Ever heard of Kwanzaa or Hanukkah? Or even New Years? Yes there are other holidays! Imagine that not everyone is Christian for a minute. Wait it's true not everyone is Christian!

Now I get to my actual point. I had to be a little sarcastic no fun if I was not. There is this Grinch Alert List where Christians can go to this website and add businesses that do not say Merry Christmas or have Christian decorations. This is to alert people to not shop there because they are taking Christ out of Christmas. How is this helpful? What does this accomplish? I will tell you what it does. It divides people. It hurts businesses and for what? Because someone did not say Merry Christmas! How childish does that sound? Have we heard of the word Tolerance?

My main problem with this whole site and whole thing is that this group of Christians are being
egocentric. They think since they believe a certain way then everyone does. Then if for some reason someone does not do what they want then they can throw a two year old tantrum. Which is now the Grinch Alert site. What does this solve? I think stores will do what they want and the cashiers will still do what they think is right or what is in the store's policy.

What is the big picture? Well this site will cause people to boycott the businesses. Especially the ones that follow this Christian belief. It will divide people. People will argue over this and there will be division among friends, family and co- workers. I thought Christians united people, gave to the poor and brought communities together? Well this year they have forgotten those ideas. This year this group of Christians want to be childish and petty over a phrase! Seriously grow up Dallas Baptist Church and everybody else who wants to ruin the Holiday "spirit" or feeling! Let's stop this nonsense and get back to celebrating this great holiday season with our families.

When I hear "Happy Holidays", I hear, I all the holidays of the season united in one phrase. I hear someone respecting that I might not exactly celebrate Christmas. I might be Jewish or some other religion. I feel at peace. No fighting or someone getting angry. I feel tolerance that this is not a complete Christian country. I love it and I love hearing it. No idea how this could be anti-Christian. Oh then again everything is suppose to be about them all the time! Sorry I fogot. They are a bit egocentric.

Let's get rid of this Grinch Alert! Let's be thankful people are nice enough to wish our family well. Semantics have no place! Let's be united!! We are in fact the United States? Regardless or religion or what holiday we celebrate. Or whether we wish someone a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays.


So Happy Holidays to my family to yours! We hope you have joy in your heart and ignore all this craziness and enjoy your family!




No comments:

Post a Comment