Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New member of the family

Randy got off early yesterday. We decided to look for a dog. We decided we wanted an older dog not a puppy. We have newer carpet and the last thing we need is a mess all over the floor around a new baby. Its really not healthy. So we went to the Marion Humane Society because we wanted to rescue a dog. There are just too many dogs that need homes. I found out the sad truth about the Marion Humane Society, they dont seem to care about their animals at all. Its actually sad.They have an outside/ inside cage. The fat women that works there doesnt seem to want to help them find homes at all. I was almost in tears by the time I left there. Well then Randy mentioned the site we look at the night before the one in Hilllard. So we decided to go there. Much better environment for the poor animals. they are in cages but you are allowed to take most of them for walks or take them into a room and get to know them. The people there were awesome. They really helped us. Two dogs caught our eyes, they both were german shepard mixes. Jack and Foxy. We took foxy for a walk first and she seemed perfect. She needs a little training but other than that she was perfect. Jack was just a little too much dog for us. He liked to lead you. Christina was so excited she really wanted Foxy. So Randy and I talked it over last night and today we are going to get her. She is a year old so still has a little puppy in her so until I get to know her better we are not giving her full range of the house. I will put two pictures up of her so you can see how adorable she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment