Monday, August 20, 2007

Letting go

Letting go is one of the hardest things for a mother to do. I remember when I had to go back to school after I had Tina. I cried everyday on the way to the bus stop. I never wanted to leave her but I had to finesh school. I also recall when she was a year when she did not want me to leave her at daycare while I went to school. She would grab my leg and beg me not to leave, my heart broke in a million pieces that day. Its breaking now. She now can ride a bike without training wheels, go to kindergarten, and many other big girl tasks. They spend their whole life trying to get away from you, and to be on their own. Really its the whole point. I know she will always need in in one way or another, but I am still not liking the whole growing up thing. I mean in October she will be 6. Its been six years since that beautiful little girl was inside of me. Sometimes I wish I could have kept her in. She is growing up way too fast. Well this week is the big day, she is going to school. I am so proud of her but at the same time I wish she was still little. Yeah, letting go is hard, but its a healthy natural part of life. Children dont need you to smother them, its actually not good for them. I know I did a good job with Christina and she will be a success in Kindergarten. I will still cry along the way though.

No comments:

Post a Comment