Sunday, September 19, 2010

We are a packaged deal

My husband and I have had alot of conflicts with family over the past couple years. Both sides have expressed dislike of us being together. Or they have not accepted the fact that we are married. What do I say to that? Get over it. We are not going anywhere. We are in this til death do us part. If you do not like me or my husband then I do not want to be around you. We only want positive people in our lives. Yes this was a group decision not one that I only made. So tired of getting blamed for my husband's actions. People think I am control him or something. He is a big boy. He and I are able to talk about things and agree upon them.

As for family gatherings, right now they are not for us and our family. I do not feel comfortable and I do not feel very wanted. I do not want to be around people that may turn on me any second and bring up my past. I have made a ton of mistakes. Randy knows about them all and loves me despite of them. He knows how hard it has been on me to not have a relationship with my mother or father. He knows how that hurts me and he will not tolerate anyone throwing that in my face. Would you go to a place where you know you are not wanted? No you would not. I should not be expected too either. Since I cannot go then my family will not go either. We are a package deal. If one of us are not welcome then none of us will go.

What could make this situation better? Treating me with respect. Not making fun of my parenting. Not being rude to me. Letting me raise my own kids without interference. I guess treating me like I am family. Because I am not going anywhere. Time for people to get use to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment