Do you ever feel like you may have been given to the wrong family? Do you ever feel like you do not fit in? I feel like this all the time. Especially during the holiday I feel like one big outsider looking in.
What makes me different from them.........
1. I do not believe in drugs- Most of my family are either on drugs or have been on drugs.
2. I do not believe in smoking or drinking in front of children- I do not smoke nor do I allow smoking in my house. Drinking should not be around minors nor should you serve them.
3. I believe in hard work not taking everything from the government as long as you can.
4. I believe in marriage not drama- I believe that a marriage is a partnership. We are partners everything is equally his and mine. In my family that is not the case. Matter of fact most of the women want to be in charge. They also believe in on again and off again relationships.
5. I do not believe in spanking- I was spanked and it affected me. I do not want that for my children. My family members disagree
6. I believe in talking and working things out. My family believes in put downs and drama.
7. I do not believe in formula or feeding a baby early. They do.
8. I do not believe in circumcision. They do.
9. I am an atheist. They are Christians when it suites them.
10. I believe in standing by someone. They believe in abandoning them the moment you do not agree with them or when they do not want to do what you suggest.
11. I believe in Education. They think because I read that I am stupid.
So I am an outcast for all those reasons. They think I think I am better than them. That is not true I just do not share the same values and I choose not to have my kids around them. I know that sounds horrible but sometimes you have to protect your children from your own family. That is where I am at.
No comments:
Post a Comment