- Dear Dad,
I am not writing this letter for you. I am not writing this letter to upset you. I am writing this letter for me. I need to get my feelings out. I need to feel batter about this situation between us.
First off I would like to start by saying how hurt you made me yesterday. You did not invite me to your wedding. You chose to not include me in a very important day of your life. Do you know how hurtful that is? You have any idea how upset that made me? I cried. For me once again it was you denying me as your daughter. Which you have spent most of my life doing. Don’t make excuses I am very tired of them. You knew what you were doing. You knew this would hurt me. Yet you chose to do it anyway. At the end of the day the only person that you care about is you and what ever love interest you have at the time.
Next, I want you to understand that the whole I was young thing is bullshit and you know it. At some point you could have said you made a mistake and changed it. A father is supposed to be the protector of his daughter. He is supposed to be there for her not the other way around. I mean because after 14 comes 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, and so on. At what point did you grow up? At what point were you going to accept your responsibilities. We all know the money is not even the issue here. It’s the time the love. You do not love me .If you ever did I would have never been treated this way by you. I would not have spent holidays, birthdays crying for a father. The only thing I ever wanted from you was a father. That was it. Over and over you are not able to do that for me. You never even saw me in the hospital when I had a baby. We all know if it was someone else you would have been there with bells on. It is because it is me. It is your little bastard child that you wish would just go the hell away! You might not have said that but that is how you have made me feel all of these years! I am not good enough to be your daughter. I am not worth your time. Screw that! I deserve better than that. I did not choose to be here. I did not choose you to be my father. I had no say in that. I do have say now.
Lastly, I am going to end this and make this real easy on you. I am done! I am done crying, done caring. You could give a rats ass about me and my children. All you do is pretend. I have been waiting for you to show me that I am wanted and that I am your daughter. This has not happened. It is not going to happen. The only person Jody cares about is Jody. You do not care about how I feel. You do not care about how you have hurt me. Your actions say how you feel about me and I think it is time I started listening. So unless you do something dramatic and start showing me I am in your life, I want nothing else to do with you. It’s a waste of my time and I am tired of being hurt. I am tired of crying for a father when all along I was fine without you. So I take my strength and what dignity I have left. Have a great life. I wish you every joy and happiness. Just don’t come knocking on my door til you are ready to be my father. I am not sure you even know what that word even means.
-Chasity Channell
Sunday, September 4, 2011
Dear Dad......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment