I am a sucker or maybe I have too much empathy for others. I am not sure which.
I was texted messaged about Thanksgiving and after seeing my other sister in-law say she was not going, I felt bad for my sister in-law because I know she is going through alot. I gave in. I told her I would go out of compassion and because I did not want to hurt her feelings. I then ask her if she wants me to bring anything. As usual no response. Then, I remember why I did not want to go in the first place. The only thing we have in common is her brother. That's it. She does not want to have a relationship with me. I suspect by the way she treats me that she does not even like me. Hell, I often wonder is she even gives a shit about her brother. She never reaches out or tries to keep in communication. Never rsvps to birthdays. I have tried text messaging and emailing her to cultivate a relationship. No response.
Randy was offered overtime on Thanksgiving. If he gets it, I am not going. I am not going to a function that is that far away, then putting my kids in danger with my horrible night driving. It also gives me a much needed excuse to not go. I can then have my Thanksgiving at home like I wanted all along.
I guess all my empathy is usually not earned and typically I regret being so nice because it's not even return or appreciated. I don't like feeling that way but it's how things are.
No comments:
Post a Comment